2 February 2021
13:00 – 15:00 UTC
There are many approaches to establishing and running an Internet Exchange Point today including Home-grown initiatives, Franchise deployments, “Powered by” solutions, Government mandated projects as well as Turnkey IXPs.
This session aims to provide a balanced discussion on the possible benefits and the drawbacks of the different approaches to the establishment and management of IXPs, allowing the audience to draw their own conclusions on what best fits their local peering environment.
The first 1.5hrs will be dedicated to the theme of the day followed by a 30-minute interactive social event for participants on “Gather Town” online platform. The social event is designed to promote networking, collaboration, and partnership.
External Relations Manager, RIPE NCC
- Luc Missidimbazi, Posts, Telecommunications and Digital Advisor to the Prime Minister of the Congo Republic
- Marco Brandstätter, Senior Business Accelerator, DE-CIX
- Michele McCann, Head of Interconnection and Peering, Teraco Data Environments
- Muhammed Rudman, CEO, Internet Exchange Point of Nigeria (IXPN)
- Remco van Mook, CEO, Asteroid
- Nishal Goburdhan, Internet Infrastructure Analyst, Packet Clearing House (PCH)