The AfPIF fellowship programme is designed to offer opportunities to qualified applicants to attend the AfPIF-2018 event scheduled for 21 – 23 August, 2018 in Cape Town, South Africa.
The AfPIF fellowship programme provides an opportunity to qualified applicants to attend the AfPIF event in person with the aim to:
- Promote the establishment of peering coordinator’s role in African Internet Service Providers
- Share experiences on ways to improve running and administering of a new, or existing IXP
- Business opportunity to meet potential IXP members
- Promote public awareness and evangelism of IXPs and peering in general at the national and regional level
- Advance and influence national/regional policies on peering and cross-border Internet interconnection
- Provide a face-to-face networking opportunity for peers and experts
- Promote gender balance in the peering and interconnection ecosystem
Fellowship Award Package
AfPIF fellows will receive partial or full fellowship consisting of;
- A return Air ticket to Cape Town, South Africa;
- Hotel accommodation for the duration of the event.
Applicants should be individuals active engaged in Internet policy, business and or technical development relating to peering and transit. Women-In-Tech who have an interest in peering and interconnection are also invited to apply.
- Residency in Africa
- Have the necessary aptitude for public speaking
- Be actively involved in Internet peering policy, business and technical matters at the country/region
- Have a good awareness of the connection landscape within their country/region
- Have previously performed in, or be working towards the development of an IXP
- Women-In-Tech who have an interest in peering and interconnection
The applicant should be able to demonstrated proof of work done in either of these fields.
|Call for application||27 April 2018|
|Application Deadline||20 May 2018|
|Notification of Acceptance||04 June 2018|
|Acceptance Deadline||08 June 2018|
If you are new to the Programme, we recommend that you view the ZoomGrants applicant tutorial before starting your application.